What is RCS?
RCS (Rich Communication Services) is Android Messages aiming to replace SMS messaging with a text-message system that is richer and more interactive for the user.
Google will directly offer a better default texting experience to Android users instead of waiting for cellphone carriers to do it.The goal is “a great, simple user experience that just works for every Android user.”
Why it is Better than SMS?
We’ve been hearing about RCS, the replacement for SMS texting, Now Google is taking over: later this month, Android users in the UK and France will be able to opt into RCS Chat services provided directly by Google instead of waiting for their carrier to support it. But the main problem in RCS is to messages are still not end-to-end encrypted.
Google’s Android Messages app refers to RCS as “Chat,”
Rich Communication Services (RCS)
- More secure than SMS and MMS
- More interactive for the user
- Web interface
- Text, chat, send group texts, send pictures, share videos, send audio messages
- Send and Receive Payments
- Similar to iMessage, Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp, etc.
- Not end-to-end encrypted
- It’s not available everywhere
- No centralized user database
Android Messages App
Meet Android Messages a.k.a. Messages, Google’s official app for texting (SMS, MMS) and chat (RCS). Android Messages app will replace the current messaging app for Android handsets running Android 5.0 Lollipop or later. The app allows you to text, chat, send group texts, send pictures, share videos, send audio messages and also chat from your computer.
Clean, intuitive, and comfortable design
Instant notifications, smart replies, and a fresh new design make communicating faster and more fun. With dark mode, you can use Messages comfortably in low-light situations.
Select or take pictures and videos directly from the app and share easily. You can even send audio messages to your contacts.
Richer conversations :
Send audio messages, emoji, stickers, or your location. You can also send and receive payments with Google Pay.
Powerful search :
Now you can find more of the content shared in your conversations: tap on the search icon and select a specific contact to see your messaging history with them and all the photos, videos, addresses or links you shared with each other.
Chat features (RCS) :
On supported carriers, you can send and receive messages over Wi-Fi or your data network, see when friends are typing or when they have read your message, share images and videos in high quality, and more.
Messages are supported on devices running Android 5.0 Lollipop and above.
- 15 Free Blogging Tools For Beginners That Professional UseSome of you might have thought, “Blogging” isn’t as simple too. Is that true? Well here, I’m gonna share with you a …
- Techolic 16 TikTok App News1. TikTok App will be banned in the U.S. unless deals with Microsoft Last Month, Tiktok app has been fired by the …
- Here You Know the Pros and Cons of Samsung M31sSamsung Galaxy M31s Specifications Most of us are getting rid off of Chinese smartphones after a fight between China and India troops. …
- Most 10 Useful Android Apps in Daily Life“Best 10 Useful Android Apps In Daily Life | Best App useful in Daily Life” Nowadays we depend on Smartphones and getting …
- The Facebook Chat Room Messenger That Wins UsersFacebook Chat Room Messenger Key Points: Up to 50 Members joins in room No Need to have an Account No time limits …