If you’re on the hunt for an affordable smartphone that doesn’t compromise on battery life, screen size, or camera quality, then look no further than the Samsung Galaxy M12. This impressive device made its debut in India back in March 2021, and it brings a host of exciting features to the table at an attractive price point. In this article, we’ll dive deep into the Galaxy M12 specs, comparing it to other similar phones in the market. By the end, you’ll have all the information you need to decide whether this device is truly worth your investment.
Samsung launched the Galaxy M12, a low budget smartphone. The smartphone has been improved from predecessor Galaxy M11 smartphones such as in Camera part and up-gradation to 90 Hz refresh rate display.
In Samsung Galaxy M11, 6.40-inch of PLS IPS while in Galaxy M12 Specs has a 6.5-inches with 90 Hz display. As far as performance, M11 has a snapdragon 450 chipset which lags too much even in normal use. Looking at the price, the smartphone is worth it for those who want to buy a non-chinese smartphone.
Galaxy M12 Specifications
Samsung Galaxy M12 Specs are as follows:
The phone comes with a 6.5-inch FHD+ waterdrop notch PLS IPS display with a 90 Hz of refresh rate.
Samsung used Exynos 850 processor-based 8nm technology powered by a 2 GHz Octa-Core chipset.
The smartphone is packed with a 6,000 mAh battery which receives power from 15W of Charger via USB Type-C and supports reverse charging as well.
Galaxy M12 comes with Android 11 with OneUI 3.1 has been supported.
For photography, The M12 has a 48-megapixel rear camera along with a 5-megapixel ultra-wide, 2-megapixel depth and 2-megapixel Macro Camera. The Front Camera in Samsung M12 is 8-megapixel. The Front Camera in the M12 device is 8 MP, can also record Slow-Mo Video.
M12 has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor and face unlock feature. Samsung also offers Knox security in Galaxy M12 smartphones.
The smartphone has a mono speaker and supports Dolby atmos. The Samsung Galaxy M12 is a dual-SIM smartphone (Dedicated Slot) allows Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM cards. Apart from that, The Samsung Galaxy M12 comes in three variants: Black, Blue & White.
The smartphone comes in two storage models that include a 4GB+64GB and 6GB+128GB variant, priced at Rs 9,999 and Rs 12,499 respectively. The storage can be expanded up to 1TB.
Pros and Cons of Galaxy M12
Display & Dimension
- Samsung Galaxy M12 Specs has a 6.5-inch HD+ PLS IPS with a 90 Hz Refresh Rate
- Waterdrop Notch Display (720 x 1600 pixels)
- Protection: Gorilla Glass 3
- Dimension of the phone is 164.0 x 75.9 x 9.7 mm
- Screen to Body Ratio: Greater than 81.9%
- Weight 221 g (Approx)
Processor | Operating System
- Samsung Exynos 850 8nm Processor
- CPU Octa-Core (4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU Mali-G52
- Android 11
- Samsung One UI 3.1
- Rear Camera: 48 MP Main (f/2.0) + 5 MP Ultrawide (f/2.2) 123° + 2 MP Depth (f/2.4) + 2 MP Macro (f/2.4)
- Isocell GM2 Camera Sensor
- Digital Zoom: Up to 10x
- Video Recording: 1080p@30fps
- Slow-Mo Video Recording: No
- Front Camera : 8MP (f/2.2)
- Front Camera Video Recording: 1080@30fps
Galaxy M12 packs with
- Non-removable Li-Po 6,000mAh battery
- Support 15W fast charging
- Full Charge within 125 mins
- USB Type-C
- Talk Time: Up to 58 Hrs(4G)
- Audio Playback Time: Up to 110 Hrs
- Video Playback Time: 23 Hrs
- Internet Usage: Up to 24Hrs
- 4GB/64GB or 6GB/128GB Internal Storage
- LPDDR4X RAM
- Available Memory 48 GB
- Expand Up to 1 TB
- UFS 2.1
- Fingerprint Sensor (Side-mounted)
- Gyro Sensor
- Geomagnetic Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Virtual Light Sensing
- USB Type-C
- USB 2.0
- Bluetooth v5.0
- 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, Beidou
- Earjack: 3.5mm Stereo
- Wi-Fi Calling
- Widevine L1
- Dolby Atmos
- KNOX Security